In 1988, CEPAD asked for help distributing its English-language newsletter, the CEPAD Report. In response, a group of volunteers in the United States came together to be the production team as well as developing and expanding the mailing list, and making occasional requests for financial support.
In 1992, CEPAD USA, a 501(c)(3) corporation, was founded to help facilitate the fundraising and help the people of Nicaragua in their work for justice and peace in their violence-torn and impoverished land.
Today, not only does CEPAD USA continue the work of publishing and distributing the CEPAD Report it also works hard to grow financial support for CEPAD’s programs and operations from within the United States.
The mission of CEPAD USA is to:
- Facilitate transformative relationships and understandings between communities in Nicaragua and the U.S.
- Create opportunities for North Americans to learn of the political, social and economic realities of the Nicaraguan people
- Disseminate information about the work of the Nicaraguan Council of Protestant Churches (CEPAD)
- Publish and distribute the CEPAD Report on behalf of CEPAD
- Raise funds for the financial support of CEPAD ministries and programs
CONTACT CEPAD USA
Please feel free to get in touch with us either by phone, email or mail:
PO Box 1679 Brevard, NC 28712
Jo Buescher (CEPAD USA volunteer)
Emily Hewes (Development Director for CEPAD USA)
Phone: (207) 664-9202